Thursday, February 26, 2009

OBAMA'S PLAN

Just caughgt up with the sketches of the proposal by the President to define universal health care for the U.S. It's not that I am against coverage for everyone, and God knows I would like to see insurance companies lose for once, but I donlt think the American public will like rationing healthcare. But that is exactly what will happen. I deal mostly with Medicare patients, and no primary care doctor wants to accept Medicare patients because they lose money on those patients. I am very afraid for people. I do not get the impression Obama knows what he is talking about. As for the saving of money by making electronic medical records (EMR)mandated, that is a pie in the sky idea. The only people who will benefit from that idea are the software vendors for EMR. They will sell lousy, clumsy systems that don't communicate with one another to seperate physician and hospital groups. It will be a bloody disaster. I sincerely hope for the best with Mr. Obama, but it is quite clear to me that he does not know what he is talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment